Tools that I Use
These are tools I use to stay productive, on target with deadlines, and write the best books I can!
- HB90 Bootcamp with Sarra Cannon – 7 Days of motivating goal setting and quarterly planning. You get lifetime access to this course and a year-round community for support. *
- Write Better Faster 101 (March 2021)*
- Want to be more productive? Try Freedom and block all the distractions while writing.*
- Publish & Thrive Self-Publishing Course – The most comprehensive course I’ve taken, which goes through the step-by-step process of independent publishing. You get lifetime access to this course and a year-round community for support. * [Video review]
- Instead of paying someone to format my book, I use Vellum. It’s incredibly easy to setup and use.
- Create beautiful shareable images with Canva*
- Want help launching your next book? The Book Launch Planner is a great tool!*
*these are affiliate links which help support my author business, but add no additional cost to you.
Here’s a compiled list of my videos about the writing & publishing process.
Brainstorming & Outlining
- How to Brainstorm Ideas for a Story
- Choosing Your Next Book Idea
- How to Outline a Book Series
- Plotting a Book “With” Susan Mallery | Part One
- Plotting a Book “With” Susan Mallery | Part Two
- Write Faster Writing Hack: Comic Sans
- Write Faster Writing Hack: Using Music
- Write Faster Writing Hack: Reverse Outlining
- Write Faster Writing Hack: Sprints
- My current editing process
- Breaking Down an Editorial Letter before Revisions
- How to Revise Your Novel from an Editorial Letter with Real-Life examples!
Querying Literary Agents
Writing Craft, Author Mindset, and Author Business
- GMC by Debra Dixon Writing Craft Book Review
- Take off Your Pants! by Libbie Hawker Writing Craft Book Review
- Mastering Suspense, Structure, and Plot by Jane K. Cleland Writing Craft Book Review
- Wired for Story by Lisa Cron Writing Craft Book Review
- The Anatomy of Prose by Sacha Black Writing Craft Book Review
- Indie-published book recommendations: Collaboration, Writing Goals, and Newsletters